ActiveCampaign and The Power of Custom Objects: A Better Way to Track Data!
| April 7, 2022
One of the most efficient ways of ensuring that a company's data is stored effectively is the use of custom objects.
Custom objects can be created to store specific information about contacts, deals, integrations and much more.
It will essentially help any data be brought into Active Campaign and allow simplicity of visualisation and ease to manipulate the data using automation.
Active Campaign has recently launched the custom objects as a new feature to help business owners:
- Unify data from multiple apps to streamline the process
- Ensure app flexibility and make it more actionable without forcing them into an all-in-one
- Provide a complete view of customer engagement that can be leveraged in automation
There are two ways for customers to leverage Active Campaign's custom objects:
- Via Activecampaign API – users build their custom objects with the apps that they'd like to connect. However, this feature is only available for Enterprise tier account holders.
- Via existing apps with custom objects (i.e., Calendly, Salesforce and Zendesk) - these are more of an enhanced integration that provides customers with more insight and actionable data. Also, Active Campaign is bringing more partner apps to integrate custom objects like Asana, Slack, Zoom, etc.
So why is this exactly a big deal? It's simple! With custom objects, you can:
- see the historical record view of your customer's records
- trigger automation when a record is new or updated
Apps connected through custom objects, whether via API or existing apps, can trigger automation, providing notifications for smoother streamlining of business processes and creating a more powerful workflow.